Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Fairie Diadem

The Summer Solstice or Midsummer is the longest day of the year. By that I mean it is the instant in time when there are the most hours of LIGHT, and Night recedes into its smallest corner, beaten back by the sun.
It is maybe a time of Illumination, a time of Celebration and the Fairies have advised me to prepare for this event, with songs and dance, and special food. But no Midsummer would be much of anything at all without a diadem, a mossy Crown to wear upon the brow of the one who Dances in the Sunlight.
This tiny Fairie Diadem is an example of that very thing. It is made of wire, woven with fibers, moss threads and set with beads. Here it is pinned to a vintage crochet pin cushion, which is HOw it will arrive for your Celebration.
The crown itself measures 2 inches wide by 2.7 inches tall.
The pin cushion is 3.4 inches wide.


5 comments:

Debra said...

oh this is soooo Baggaraggian. I love it.

Dorthe said...

My Robin, it is the most wonderful fairy crown I have ever seen- I love the mossy style, and the beauty you prepared for the midsummer day----it is so tiny and gorgeous,dear. Here we celebrate the day 23/6 with feasts and fires burning the witches-( old mittelage ) . I`m alwayes told I was lucky to have birthday the 24/6 as I would else have flown awaY on the broom with the other witches,LOL
Hugs and kis-
Dorthe

Createology said...

This is such a lovely precious crown to honor midsummer in its glory. Blissful creation...

Clare said...

Delightful

Pretty Ragged Threads said...

I just found your blog, what a delight. I love this pincushion. I am going to peruse further now. Happy to have found you.
Hugs Jackie