Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A SWAP. A trade. AN Exchange

I have been thinking for some time that it would be a good idea to have a swap. It is such a funny word: Swap...maybe an EXchange would be a better word for it, or a Trade. What ever you want to call it, I think it might be just plain GOOD to reach out and Trade Supplies with another Folkartist, another Crafter, another HUMANBEAN. This has in some respects been spurred on by my friend Lisa at the MoonLit Stitch. I think there are always times when feelings of isolation occur, or God Forbid...we get stuck as artists and can't think of one thing to make, or find the energy to manifest it. Then we might have to swap antidepressants...Just Kidding...
So, this is a supplies swap. Share your Stuff. Sign up to share your Things with a person you may or may not know. All things textiles, crafty or artsy. Ribbons, vintage sewing stuff, jewelery findings...what ever you have that you think would inspire another. Paper and paint are fine...but please, no JUNK.
I will randomly draw two names to partner up on June the 1st. And then I will announce them on this BLOG. That's a Friday. On Monday June 4th we will mail out our swaps. You can then email me with photos if you like so we can all see and share and thank each other. WE can Strengthen our bonds of friendship, make new friends and then Take over the ART World...well, maybe not...BUT, It will be FUN. What do you think? Sign up if you want to be included.
Think it over. If you have questions, email me at Robinridener@aol.com 

5 comments:

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Robin,
I have many things to share. You can sign me up for your supply swap...

Thanks for organizing this. ~Natalie

Unknown said...

Yep, I've always got plenty to share so sign me up!!
Thanks!
}}Hugs{{
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!! Sign me up sistah!!

Cheers!

Jacquie

Baggaraggs: said...

Well, I am obviously IN the Swap. That makes FOUR of us. giggle...this may be a very simple thing after all...Thanks to all who have signed up so far. BIG HUGS, ROBIN

Firecracker Kid said...

Hey! If you need another, I'm game :o) Yes, I do have stuff to share, 'cause once in awhile I feel crafty.
Hugs~Carol